Monday, August 13, 2012

Peace Out, Yo!

I was in my first trimester about 16 months ago and yet it feels like years!  I hardly remember it until friends ask me to recall details.  Do you remember your early days?

Did you pour over pregnancy books allowing yourself to read the scary things that could happy to your pea-sized baby?  I did my best to keep it balanced, but lets be real, for most of us, we worry A LOT until the first 12 weeks have past.  Even then, until we feel the baby swimming around on a regular basis, the fear quickly creeps in.  It's a daily battle to stop.

 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?  Matthew 6:27
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:7
In my most resent season of life {parenthood} the Lord has been daily teaching me peace.  Peace that no matter what happens, it's ok.  It will be ok.  Our great Father in Heaven sees it all before it has even happened.  And He's been through it all.  He can relate to your feelings.  He watched his Son die so He can cry with you if you need to cry.  And when you first hear your baby's heart beating inside your womb, He can rejoice with you.  He watched His baby grow inside of Mary; He can relate.  So let's turn over our worry to the Lord and instead embrace God's peace.

And when all other foods sound disgusting or make you feel not-so-good, try coke and potatoes--it worked for me.  What foods have helped you make it through the sick times?  What scriptures have brought you through the worrisome times?

3 comments:

  1. The most I remember from the very beginning was Billy and I going on a lot of walks and imagining what our life would be like with a baby. :) It was a fun time. Oh, and for some reason, I couldn't stand Chick-fil-A. I don't think I went the entire time I was pregnant, which surprised my friends. However, I did crave Long John Silvers and couldn't find a single person who would agree to join me. ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did those pre-baby images compare to Ella's arrival? Semi-accurate?

      Delete
    2. Well, it turns out we were imagining life with about a five-year old, so the infant stage came as quite a shock! haha!

      Delete