Wednesday, December 11, 2013

i like doughnuts

I haven't been inspired to write about motherhood very much lately.  I thought I would be busting at the seams to blog about all things pregnancy for the second time, but I haven't. 

There is one thing that keeps coming back to mind though, so I figured I should share it with you because I'm probably not the only one who has felt this way.

I hate getting "fat" while I'm pregnant.
I loathe watching the numbers on the scale climb higher and higher.
And I can't stand that it bothers me.

It shouldn't, right?  I mean, there's a person growing inside of me!  But it still doesn't stop me from thinking those thoughts!

But for me, it isn't simply 'thin' that I care about.  Yes, I miss my early-twenties metabolism that allowed me to consume half a dozen chocolate glazed Krispy Kremes without batting an eye lash...

But more than that, I miss FEELING healthy!  Going to the gym was an activity in college.  My husband and I use to jog together in the evenings for fun!  Now instead of putting on running shorts in the evening, I usually tuck in my toddler and have my lounge pants on by 8:00pm.

But let's not throw in the towel on our healthy bodies.  Let's keep trying to take care of them even as we creep into our late twenties, our thirties, and beyond.  Let's dust off our treadmills and wash off our fruits and veggies.  Let's resolve to lift some free weights while we watch our evening television shows! 

And let's also always cut ourselves some slack, remembering that we do lead different lives than our younger selves did!  It's ok to indulge now and again, but maybe not all the doughnuts!

No comments:

Post a Comment